Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Visit To Squaw Creek Wildlife Refuge




My DH (David) and I decided to go on a day trip to Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuge, hoping to see some birds and other wildlife. We also wanted to try out our cameras. We recently purchased a Canon 5D Mark II, we already had a Canon 5D.


















I think I finally persuaded him that he should have the new Canon 5DMark II. It's the logical thing to do since he is the better
photographer and does the majority of the photo work.

We saw a lot of ducks and geese . . . . . . . . . .














And some very frisky turtles. It looked like a turtle holiday!!!

















While we didn't see as many different birds and animals as we would have liked, David did manage to get a photo of a pheasant...at least I think it was a pheasant. It had to have been a male because it was so colorful.










We thoroughly enjoyed our outing and hope to return when the trees are green.

No comments:

Post a Comment