Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fall is Here.....


The leaves have almost all fallen and I've missed it.





Yesterday, I went to the doctor's office to have the staples removed from my knee, and after two weeks at home without going outside, it felt really strange to be out in the open. Now, I can understand why some of the elderly in nursing homes will not go outside. There is an immenceness to the great outdoors that you get used to in everyday life, but after confinement, it can feel intimidating.

It is a beautiful day and I have nowhere to go! The therapist will be here soon and after that, I won't want to go anywhere but the sofa, which brings up another subject.

Why have David and I waited so long to buy new furniture? This sofa is at least 20 years old, it has no support, and it has lost it's plumpness! In short, I'm embarrassed to have anyone see it. One of the first things I will do when I get back on my feet is get some new furniture!


3 comments:

  1. Did you wander outside while I was at the store? It's ok though, you're doing great. I no longer worry about you when I go out. I know you'll do just fine getting around on your own. I may just slip away and play some golf this week! ;) We will definitely take care of the furniture situation as soon as you can get out and wander around a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Promise you will go play golf if at all possible. You've been cooped up with me too long!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty soon Norine can come over and have dinner with us! Can't wait! Dad, Bob would love to go with you to play some golf.....hint, hint....

    ReplyDelete